I was asked to give a talk at a baptism a few weeks ago and put together this package to help the child remember the steps that will take her back to live with her Heavenly Father.
I included a note with my gift that listed each step and re-iterated the principles to be learned. I have included extra verbiage in the note in this post to help you understand the idea better in case you want to replicate it.
I have made a fun gift for you to help you remember some key points in returning to live with your Heavenly Father. For fun, I have included a gift that coordinates with each of the steps. Read each step (listed below) before you open the gift. Open this with a parent...and enjoy!
1. FAITH (I included a package of Honey Mustard Pretzels)-
If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, nothing shall be impossible unto you:Matt. 17:20
Choose faith over doubt, choose faith over fear, choose faith over the unknown and the unseen, and choose faith over pessimism...Yes, faith is a choice, and it must be sought after and developed. Thus, we are responsible for our own faith. We are also responsible for our lack of faith. The choice is yours. Richard C. Edgley
2. REPENTANCE (I wrapped patterned paper around a bottle of water with the word Repentance written on it)
Only repentance leads to the sunlit uplands of a better life. And, of course, only through repentance do we gain access to the atoning grace of Jesus Christ and salvation. Repentance is a divine gift, and there should be a smile on our faces when we speak of it. It points us to freedom, confidence, and peace. Rather than interrupting the celebration, the gift of repentance is the cause for true celebration. D. Todd Christofferson
3. BAPTISM and 4. HOLY GHOST (I included a copy of the talk I wrote, titled "My Baptism Rainbow" and tossed in a couple package of skittles)
Copy of talk which includes your Baptism Rainbow (Promises we make at Baptism and what we are promised):
Promises We Make
RED- Take upon ourselves the name of Christ (Love)
ORANGE- Always remember Him (Be Aware...don't forget)
YELLOW- Keep His commandments
GREEN- Serve Him to the end (Green light, go go go)
What We Are Promised
BLUE- If we repent we can be forgiven (Washed clean)
PURPLE/CLOUDS- Always have His Spirit to be with us (Spirit is a gift)
Check out My Baptism Rainbow post for more details
5. TEMPLE (You could give a picture/bookmark of a temple, boy Barbie (for a girl...to make them giggle), temple cookies, or a temple cookie cutter...)
I also attached a talk on Temples to the gift (The Temple is a House of God; Written by, JoAnn Child and Cristina Franco (July 2011, Friend))
6. STAY FAITHFUL (I gave a flashlight to be used to read her scriptures at night) and attached the following quote to the outside of the present: