Socks (unfortunately these are not generally clean :))
Gum and Goodies
Here are the items I included:
I made Monster Rice Bags to represent his "friends" under his bed. These turned out to be a big hit with all the kids. The kids thought they were fun as is. However when they discovered that you can heat them in the microwave for 20 seconds to get a toastier friend they were elated!
How to Make a Monster Bed Tutorial
2. Using brown card-stock make a headboard. I inked the edges with a white ink pad.
3. Adhere the headboard onto the bed with glue or tape. Make sure you do not tape your headboard to the end that you want guests to open :).
4. Find a fun piece of paper to represent the comforter. Fold it so that it lays over the bed like a comforter. Then, fold a napkin to act as a pillow. Tape each of these onto the bed with one small piece of tape. Leave the end open so that your guests can open their bed.
5. Create a fun monster friend to place on top of your bed.
6. Write a note on the back of your monster friend. Or, have your child write the notes.
7. Fill your bed with fun goodies! You could fill your bed with baked goods, treasures one would find under your child's bed, or traditional party favors.