A few months ago I made homemade fabric balls for a gift. Every time I looked at the fabric ball I kept seeing a pumpkin. So, I decided to use the pattern from Craft Ideas and turn my ball into a pumpkin.
Pumpkin Embellishment Instructions
Create a pumpkin ball using orange fabric. DO NOT stuff or close your pumpkin until the embellishments are sewed on.
1. Cut a piece of brown ribbon proportional to your pumpkin ball and tack it together using thread and a needle. Frey check the edges of the ribbon.
2. Open the flaps of the brown ribbon and pin to your pumpkin ball as shown above.
3. Sew the brown stemmed ribbon to the pumpkin ball. Don't forget to tack the edges of the ribbon.
4. Tie off your thread on the inside of the pumpkin.
5. Loosely tie some green fringe around your brown stem. Stuff your pumpkin and seal it up.
Have fun with this fall craft by using a wide assortment of colors and patterns. This could also be made into an apple and given to your child's school teacher. Happy upcoming fall!
Looking for more unique Halloween Ideas?
If so, check out my halloween section!