Welcome to MyCreativeStirrings.com! I hope you enjoy my Diaper Pads idea. It seems to have become quite popular. Also, if you don't have the time, supplies, or skill to make these, you can buy them on my Etsy shop! I have lots more design patterns to chose from!
I just wanted to let you know that this is not my only creative idea, I have over 200! Everything is created by me, this is not a collection of other peoples ideas, so I hope that every idea you find here is unique and a fun new find!
Check out other date ideas, recipes, crafts, cheap but great gifts, etc. by clicking on the word in this sentence or by clicking on the label list in the right hand column. Again, welcome and feel free to comment or follow and we hope you visit again often!
For years I have tried to find large diaper changing pads with no luck! I finally used my brain and decided to make my own. You can use a myriad of materials. I think materials that are easy to wipe clean are best for on-the-go lifestyles. Therefore, I chose to use a pre-made tablecloth. I bought this one at Ross Dress for Less for $3 which made a total of 4 changing pads.
1. Fold the tablecloth in half lengthwise. **
2. Cut into 4 equal segments depending on your desired pad size. (I kept the two end pads for myself as they each had a rounded edge and gave the two inside pads away as gifts).
3. Fold each pad inside out so that the pattern sides are facing each other.
4. Sew 1/4 inch seam allowance around all but one side.
5. Turn right side out.
6. Fold the raw edges of the exposed side in at least 1/2 inch.
7. Sew 1/4 inch line across the last side and Viola! You are finished!
You can tie a fun ribbon around the diaper pads you are going to give away as gifts.
**Each of my diaper pads ended up being 24 1/2" * 16 1/2". The original table cloth was a 52"*70" oblong tablecloth. You may need to measure different depending on your original tablecloth size and desired pad size.
Here are some additional patterns that I have for sell on my Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/mycreativestirrings