Saturday, January 23, 2010
Car Ride Giggles
Car Ride Giggles
1. Share jokes from your memory or bring along a joke book.
2. Eat Laffy Taffy or Fortune Cookies
3. Play some dance music and move your body!
4. Create fun sunglasses using pipe cleaners. Have a competition in that who ever wears theirs the longest gets a prize. 5. Have a Chinese fire drill- be careful! Instead of running around the car try hopping, skipping, or galloping.
6. Make up silly secret codes that only members of the car understand. Like, when you go under a bridge everyone has to bock like a chicken…
7. Take turns telling stories or create one story in which you all build off each other.
8. Play a 10 minute Colored Game. Have everyone pick a color (without telling them why). Then explain that for 10 minutes they have to look everywhere (inside and outside the car) and count everything they see in their color. At the end of the ten minutes who ever had seen the most wins. You may want to just sit back and giggle.
9. Make your own origami creations. Or re-create the ones you remember from childhood.
10. Play 1-10 and back again. Divide the car in half. To begin, have the passenger ask everyone individually on the driver side to answer all ten questions. Then repeat the game going backwards and have the passenger side answer all ten questions starting with #10 and finishing with #1.
ONE TO TEN AND BACK AGAIN
1. Sing the goofiest song you know
2. Share 2 of your silliest moments
3. Tell us 3 of your happiest adventures
4. Make up 4 crazy laughs
5. Using your imagination make up 5 pretend images using items outside your car (i.e.- the fence next to the road reminds me of long earth worms on toothpicks)
6. List the first 6 words that come to mind when you think of the work “giggle”
7. In your heard design a car using 7 food products. Then, describe it to us.
8. Spell the word “eight” backwards as fast as you can. Read set go.
9. Wiggle 9 body parts.
10. Snort like a pig 10 times or make your favorite animal noise 10 times.
For this trip I started a Travel Journal (an actual journal). I came up with this list of questions and printed them off for each family member. I glued these lists into the journal so I wouldn't have to write as much. While on the drive I asked each person each question. It took up a lot of time and everyone loved sharing. It also serves as a fabulous journal entry for the future.
What is your favorite food?
Describe your happiest moment-
Describe a fun adventure you would like to go on with your family someday.
Do you like dressy clothes, pj’s, or casual clothes best?
What makes you laugh?
Name one of your favorite dinners?
What makes you cry?
List three fears-
Tell a few of your first memories-
Name three of your favorite sports-
Who is your best friend?
Tell us about your favorite vacation-
Do you have a dream vacation?
What is your favorite animal?
What animal do you think you most closely resemble?
How many kids do you want?
Name two places you wouldn’t mind living someday-
What is your favorite season?
What is your least favorite season?
What is the silliest word you know?
If you could have a pet what would it be and what would you name it?
You could also put the following into your journal:
1. Story telling section- take turns adding to a tale. You will probably laugh immediately as well as in the future!
2. Record your favorite parts of the trip while traveling home.
4. Allow each person to draw something relating to the trip.
5. Don't forget to record the dates and where you are traveling from and to.